The stories and going abouts of the Clark's family life!! Kids, marriage, and life give you so much to talk about and sometimes unforgetable funny stories!



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I found my niche to start blogging!!

So, I found it!! My niche, that is, to get started on blogging.  I read through several getting started blogs that were very helpful.  All of the blogs said the same thing.... you need to have a NICHE or something that the blog is all about.  I knew that, I just didn't have any idea of what to write about.  There were even some ideas about putting a survey out there to see what subject to talk about.  Of course, the most popular idea was to blog about a passion of yours, something that you enjoy doing or like to talk about( i.e. cooking, gardening, etc.).  This is where i got stuck for a bit.  I just couldn't think of anything, and then it came to me.  I will have more than one blog!  I will keep this one for me tid bits and then create another blog for my attempt at cooking, note the attempt... I enjoy cooking and love it when others like what I make, I am just new to cooking from scratch.  So, I thought it would be great to write about my trial and errors with recipes.  I want to keep this one so that I can blog about my family, my adventures, and other odds and ends. 

Another thing that all the blogs about blogging stated was that you have to have patience with blogging as well.  Not every blog gets read, what you find interesting may not be to anyone else or the ways that you present the blog just cant be found.  They stated that you need to have catchy titles, that is something that I will definitely have to work at.  I also read that one blogger keeps a note pad near by to jot down ideas, that is a very good idea.  Catchy titles could come at any time for me and then be lost just as fast.

I also read that having good writing skills is a plus, but first timers can do good as well.  That was very comforting to hear.  I can write papers sometimes, but grammar  gets me good.  The more you blog, the better and more comfortable you become, hopefully.  Most of the blogs stated that you could find a hidden talent that you never knew you had unless you try.  It is also a good idea to have others read your blog to give you an idea of your blogging talents, tell a friend or family member to read it.  I am going to try and think of someone that i can trust to be honest with me, one to make sure that I don't sound like a total idiot!

So, here is my attempt at blogging!  Now that I know what I am doing, or better that I have an idea of what direction to go in, I am very excited to get started.  Here's to hoping that my blogs get read( fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment